Missionary thoughts

Hey, my name is Elder white, i'm a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I love serving the lord in the New York Rochester Mission! I'm a writer, a martial artist, a physics, chemistry, and computer science major; and I just love to learn new things! These are the questions of mine, and i'm sure many other people' souls.







Friday, September 2, 2011

The Book of Mormon (A book with a promise)

"The book of mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the bible, it is a record of God's dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the americas and contains, as does the bible the fulness of the everlasting gospel. (The introduction page to the book of mormon.) The book of Mormon is a passage of holy scripture, much like the Bible, it was written by prophets from many different points of the history of ancient americas. It was written by the spirit of revelation, and prophecy. The same spirit which wrote the Bible. "Concerning the book the prophet Joseph smith said: 'I told the bretheren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on the earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, then by any other book'." All who read this amazing book will come to find out for themselves it is true. But praying to know that the book, and the work it has started is true. This little book from its very last pages to the last are an invitation to come unto christ. In the introduction page already quoted, its says "we invite all men everwhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the Name of Christ it the book is true. Those who persue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost Ghost. Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jeus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second comming of the messiah". The book invites people to come unto christ, by finding out if its true. Missonaries everywhere are doing the same. I may not be good at writting blogs, or doing much of anything in the communication department; but I know with all my heart that this book is true. Because I've asked God the Eternal Father in the Name of Christ if its true. I did as paul directs in galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." I listened to my feelings, and when I recieved such feelings to my heart, I knew the book was true! I still know it to this day. Pray to God "Dear heavenly Father" is how I start mine out", as it is him that i'm adressing, and I know he loves me, and I love him. He's my father in heaven. "I usually speak the feelings of my heart" and then Close "In the name of Jesus christ, amen" because we do all things through christ, the "Author and finisher" of our faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment