Missionary thoughts

Hey, my name is Elder white, i'm a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I love serving the lord in the New York Rochester Mission! I'm a writer, a martial artist, a physics, chemistry, and computer science major; and I just love to learn new things! These are the questions of mine, and i'm sure many other people' souls.







Friday, August 26, 2011

Let your light so shine

So a few days ago I learned the value of not hidding your talents under a bushel. It was interesting to me, because I was in the midst of writting a song on the piano, when the door opened to the room I was in. I thought it was my teaching partner, when it turned out to be the bishop of our ward. He asked me if I was hidding my talents under a bushel. I told him no, that I've just never had a chance to play this music for anyone. He then asked me, how I learned to play that song. I told him that its not a song that currently exists in the world. That i'd been writting it. He told me that it sounded pretty good, and his wife agreed. I thought it was funny that they should find out my talents like that. But then as I put some real thought into it, I realized. Just as Dieter F. Uchdorf said "We are all children of a glorious being, children of the most high god". It is my testimony, that we as children of God true have gifts and talents that we should all share, as we have been given these things by a heavenly father who loves us, cares about us, and knows us each individually, by name. We deserve to be succesfull, happy, and talented, everyone does. Its the greatest feeling to know that we have such a being who looks out for us. As it says in Moses 1:39 "For behold this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass, the immortality and eternal life of man". God glories when we are happy, and when we are doing what we should. Having talents is just part of living happy, and healthy. As christ said in *(matthew 5:16 & 3 nephi 12:16) "16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." We should all let our "Light so shine" as it is part of the wonderful gifts that our heavenly father has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment