Missionary thoughts

Hey, my name is Elder white, i'm a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I love serving the lord in the New York Rochester Mission! I'm a writer, a martial artist, a physics, chemistry, and computer science major; and I just love to learn new things! These are the questions of mine, and i'm sure many other people' souls.







Friday, September 9, 2011

Creativity

As we all know every human being in the world has the desire to create something; its just in our nature to do! In a talk given by Dieter F. Uchdorf second councilor in the first presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints he speaks of Man kind' need to create. He tells of the very love that God has for us in creating us, and how we were fashioned by an endlessly powerful, and creative God! Recently i've been learning much the same lesson from my own life. I've been writting a book series with a rather good friend and brother of mine for the last couple of Years! Just as President Uchdorf says in his talk, "We all have desires to create something that wasn't there before". I have pondered this notion for quite a while, as I sat writting the books with my dear friend. I thought about the meassure of the success of a writter and how they spin their art. Tied up in the plot twists, the character changes, the enviorment, indeed the very world; there is an amazing thing tied up in every word written by an author. That is their very creative nature, their very soul is locked in every word! As I was writting my own book, I realized just what I had put into my book, and just what had been placed in every other book. The creative process take the form of 4 steps. 1:With in the confines of the author's mind, a story, or a dream forms in the writters mind, thoughts, idea, characters are formed. 2:The author or beggins to organize, and shape his thoughts so that they are in a more believable form. 3:They begin to place their thoughts down on a piece of paper, crafting the enviorment, and the characters very carefully, so as to give the reader the illusion that they could at any point set the book down, get up, and actually meet these characters in real life. When they're done reading, they will feel as if they have said goodbye to a long time friend, that is most dear to them. 4:Then finally, he edits the story, taking care of any plot holes, grammar problems, or spelling errors. In short, the writter, as in my case, makes a world that has never been seen, characters that never have been in exsistence. Just as I, and many authors before me have done, all have a desire to create something. Its in our nature, it is because we were created by a glorious being, who loves each and everyone of us. I invite everyone everywhere to go and create something today, and to thank that God who gave you life, for that life; because he's out there, and he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment