Missionary thoughts

Hey, my name is Elder white, i'm a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I love serving the lord in the New York Rochester Mission! I'm a writer, a martial artist, a physics, chemistry, and computer science major; and I just love to learn new things! These are the questions of mine, and i'm sure many other people' souls.







Friday, September 23, 2011

Asking god

So recently I had the oppertunity to sit down with a less active member of the local congregation where i'm serving in. The local branch if you will. Well as we were talking about to the prophet Joseph smith, this member told us that she didn't know that the prophet Joseph Smith was a prophet. Ok, so the first thing i'm tempted to do is to use my great command of the bible and all the scripture to prove her wrong! Me and another missionary were on splits that night, so I was with a different Elder and his partner was with my teaching partner. Then we were also doing missionary night, a night when the members go off with the missionaries to help teach the gospel to our investigators and less active members! Well, this other elder and I kind of started by explaining the need for prophets and why it was important that we need prophets! She still wasn't sure of the need, she said "I don't think there's a need for prophets as its the last days". We kind of told her that since it is the last days, there's a need now more then ever for them! Then after explaining to her the need, and using the scriptures a little bit to help us out, we then testified of the need for prophets. Which was very important, but I think the most important thing said all night was "You need to pray about it for yourself". In the grand and eternal scheme of things does it really matter what the missionaries oppinions are, or what the other persons oppinions are? No, the great being whos oppinion really matters is Gods. Heavenly Father is the one who will direct you to his truth. As it says in James 1:5 "5 If any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that cgiveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him". God wants us to ask him in all things, to get his answer, he loves talking with us, and just wants us to ask him, the all knowing being what is truth. Not to mention, the words liberally mean that he'll give to you freely, holding nothing back, and Upbraideth means to scold or find fault with! I mean, if he's going to give you freely, and not scold you, then you might so venture. To quote the prophet Joseph, just before his miraculous experience in the grove! What i've spent half my mission learning, is that, it doesn't matter what my oppionion is, its gods oppinion that matters! When you have doubts in what the missionaries say ask god! Do you want to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Gods true church restored on the earth again? Ask god! He's the most important person in all this. Too often I think is Gods oppinion ignored in matters of such importance. This is eternal Life in the balance, ask God, come to him with your questions. When you do ask god remember what it says in the book of Galatians 5:20-22 " 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, btemperance: against such there is no law." When recieving revelation, you will more then not encounter these feelings, it is gods answer that it is true! As he will only sheds fourth his spirit upon the righteous, and the true! He will do it for you! He's done it for me, I bear my witness that as I have prayed to know this church is true, as it is essential for my work as a missionary and so therefore I have prayed and recieved my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment