Missionary thoughts

Hey, my name is Elder white, i'm a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I love serving the lord in the New York Rochester Mission! I'm a writer, a martial artist, a physics, chemistry, and computer science major; and I just love to learn new things! These are the questions of mine, and i'm sure many other people' souls.







Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thoughts of a missionary!

So recently, had a chance to listen to many sides of the different groups that exsist, that do proclaim themselves to be, or do hold the title of Christian. I've had a chance to learn, from groups of people that we called Anti's or anti-mormons. They are people that go after missionaries, and members alike. I've recently had a chance to see what some of my own friends have said on the subject of my religion! Now, don't get me wrong this is not to go after them, to chastize anyone, or to be a state deffending our beliefs. But is merely to clear up mis-understandings that have seemed to have taken root inside the minds of many friends who truely do not know what to think. The first misunderstanding I would like to clear up, if I could talk to my friends right now, is the misconception, of the principle of what I do out here as a missionary. To all those who would like to know, its very simple. I "Invite others to come unto christ" the key word being "INVITE"! The term invite, does not mean to force, to endeanvor to prove by virture of intellgence what i'm doing, but to ask people if they would like to participate. This invitation is delivered by the missionaries, and is fufilled when the member prays to god by themselves for a witness that this work is true, and that this church is true! we do not pray with them when they recieve the witness for themselves, we do not use intellegence and whit, to win them over and bring them in. Its god that calls them to this church, that tells them its true. We, might testify unto them of the truthfullness of this church, but the witness that is required for them to enter this church, is the convincing evidence of the holy spirit! As it says in Romans 8:26
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
When an investigator asks for gods help, they recieve the spirits witness of this church! Its not through any intellegence on my part, or the part of any missionary, but the witness of the spirit. As is found in Galatians 5:20-22 " 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Through this witness they recieve the answer to their prayers! They join this church based off the witness given them by the spirit. We do not sit there and watch over their shoulder until they decide that based off the evidences its true, but they pray and recieve the witness! Its not god's way to force, but to invite. Thats what I do, I invite others to come by themselves and recieve greater light and truth, through asking god, and hearing the message, not by listening to me alone! I leave these things unto you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment