Missionary thoughts

Hey, my name is Elder white, i'm a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I love serving the lord in the New York Rochester Mission! I'm a writer, a martial artist, a physics, chemistry, and computer science major; and I just love to learn new things! These are the questions of mine, and i'm sure many other people' souls.







Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Study, pray, and listen "There's no greater way to learn the book of Mormon"

I just have to say that I love the book of Mormon, through it, we learn the doctirines of christ, it gives us stories of saints that lived good and faithful lives a long time ago. It gives us stories of battles that ensued from unrighteous action, and warns us against sinning, tells us what we must do to gain eternal life.

I think tho, one of the best features of the book of Mormon, is that it gives us guidance through this life, and its difficult times. As a missionary in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints, its a struggle every day. Weather its to wake up in the morning and get out of bed on time, or trying to teach an investigator, who is just not getting a concept, even tho you try, and you try to get them to understand. But its not our timming, its the lords timming.

The book of Mormon, if we will let it, allows us to gain a closer relationship with the Father, and through this relationship, we can help others to see what kind of love they can feel, if they're just willing to listen! It is my prayer that all of us will, study the book of Mormon, Pray about its precepts, and then listen to god for the answer. Don't take my word for it, prove the book for its self, get on your knees and pray. Test its metal as it were. I know you can recieve an answer. and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment